Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chrisitans: Your thoughts on speaking in tongues?

Honestly. . .I've been inside a church where there were floppings around on the floor and people speaking in supposed tongues. I was creeped out and did not feel the Holy Spirit in that church. I do not think that in our times, people have the ability to speak in tongues. To speak in a tongue from the Bible was a miracle. The speaker did not know the language they were speaking and only a trasnlator of the tongue could tell what that person was saying. I think it is very creepy that religions pass off that they are able to speak in tongues. My one and only experience, in my own personal opinion of what I heard, was that it was some memorized religious chant that the person just said over and over again, AND they knew what they were saying. I think that gift was OT and I don't think that people have the gift of tongues today. As far as people being able to speak multiple languages fluently. . .I would agree that that is a gift of the tongue. . .but it's not the type the Bible speaks of.

No comments:

Post a Comment